In three general sessions we will explore the subject of leadership
- How NAHC is re-asserting its leadership position in the industry and how home care and hospice can lead a health care transformation in the United States
- Leaders in home care and hospice will discuss their leadership lessons in short talks
- How finding happiness and reaching our potential can help us become the leaders we want to be
Sunday, October 7, 1:00pm – 2:40pm
Leadership Hall, Upper Level
NAHC 2.0: A New Era of Leadership
NAHC President William A. Dombi will discuss the restructuring that NAHC has undergone in the last year and deliver his annual policy briefing during the first general session.
Bill has personally overseen every aspect of NAHC 2.0, the strategic planning project to transform NAHC into the best possible advocate for home care and hospice, and he will update attendees about the substantial progress made and plans for even greater things in the future. NAHC is making bold new moves to better serve our members, like key additions to the staff and an increased emphasis on advocacy and member leadership. Bill will explain what this means for NAHC and how the value of NAHC membership is greater now than ever before.
In addition, Bill will lead the NAHC advocacy staff in the Washington Update, the policy-oriented briefing attendees at NAHC conferences have relied upon for years to keep them up to date on the latest developments in law, regulation, and policy that will affect their businesses. You need to know:
- Where do things stand with 2019 home health and hospice payment rules?
- What does the return of prior authorization mean for home health?
- What are the possible policy impacts from the 2018 midterm elections next month?
Bill and the NAHC staff have the latest and best intelligence on these issues and many more. This is an in-depth and specialized expert briefing from D.C. insiders you cannot get anywhere else. You won’t want to miss it.
This general session will supply you with the information you need to prepare your business for the policy challenges ahead.
The Washington Update panel includes:
- William A. Dombi, President, NAHC
- Mary Carr, Vice President, Regulatory Affairs, NAHC
- Theresa Forster, Vice President, Hospice Policy & Programs, NAHC
- Calvin McDaniel, Director, Government Affairs, NAHC
Monday, October 8, 9:30am – 10:40am Leadership Hall, Upper Level
Elements of Leadership
Hosted by Andrea Devoti
The Monday, October 8, general session will be something entirely new at a NAHC conference – a series of frank and personal discussions from home health and hospice professionals, discussing the challenges they faced and conquered to become the leaders they are today.
Andrea Devoti, NAHC Executive Vice President, who was President/CEO of Neighborhood Health Agencies, Inc. for 18 years, will moderate Elements of Leadership, and will talk about her own element: HUMILITY.
We are confident you will be inspired and informed by hearing these stories from your peers in the caregiving community. Andrea will be joined by the following:
- CULTURE BUILDING: April Anthony, Chief Executive Officer, Encompass Health – Home Health & Hospice
- INTEGRITY: Wanda Coley, President and Chief Operating Officer, Well Care Health
- EMPATHY: David Curtis, Chief Executive Officer, Graham Healthcare Group Home Health
- GRIT: Brent Korte, Executive Director – Home Care Services, EvergreenHealth
- VISIONARY: Merrily Orsini, President/Chief Executive Officer, corecubed
Tuesday, October 9, 10:45am – 12:30pm Leadership Hall, Upper Level
Keynote: Shawn Achor
The Happiness Advantage: Linking Positive Brains to Performance
Bestselling author Shawn Achor will headline the Tuesday, October 9 General Session. Author of The Happiness Advantage and Big Potential, Shawn graduated magna cum laude from Harvard and then spent 12 years as a professor at the school, winning over a dozen distinguished teaching awards and leading a course on positive psychology that became the most popular class at the university.
One of the world’s leading experts on the connection between happiness and success, Shawn has worked with dozens of Fortune 100 companies, as well as the National Football League, the Department of Defense, and the U.S. Treasury. His lecture “The Happiness Advantage” aired on PBS and his TED Talk is one of the most popular in history, with over 10 million views and counting. Oprah Winfrey interviewed Shawn for two hours on the science of happiness in 2014, and Arianna Huffington calls him “one of the world’s leading experts on human potential.”
“When we are happy – when our mindset and mood are positive — we are smarter, more motivated, and thus more successful” says Shawn. “Happiness is the center, and success revolves around it.”
Shawn’s research has enabled him to discover that happiness does not come from success, but that success is the result of happiness. “Happiness precedes important outcomes and indicators of thriving. The wealth of data found that happiness causes success and achievement, not the opposite.”
Everyone wants to be happy and successful, but not everyone knows the keys to achieving it. Shawn Achor has become a worldwide sensation, speaking to audiences from New York to Shanghai, because he understands – and will explain to you – how happiness can unleash the potential in all of us.